The Valedictorian and Salutatorian are selected each year from the graduating class.
- The Valedictorian ranks first in scholarship and is considered the top student of his/her class.The Salutatorian ranks second in scholarship and is considered the second highest student in his/her class.
- The Salutatorian ranks second in scholarship and is considered the second
highest student in his/her class.
Criteria is based primarily on cumulative GPA, thus more than one student may qualify for the valedictorian and salutatorian distinctions.
- Candidates must attend classes at Mathematics, Science Research & Technology High School over two term semesters in their Junior and Senior years.
Mathematics, Science Research & Technology High School ranks students in accordance with their cumulative academic averages. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian will be the first and second students respectively in the graduating class who meet the following additional criteria:
- Students must spend all of Junior and Senior year at Mathematics, Science Research and Technology High School.
- Students must have an 85% or above GPA.
- Class rank will be recalculated after second marking period of the second term of the Spring semester.