The Application Deadline is for the Woodland Ecology Research Mentorship is Sunday March 31, 2019.
Wave Hill’s Woodland Ecology Research Mentorship is a 14-month program offering motivated New York City high school students a unique opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the principles of ecology, focusing particularly on ecological restoration in New York City, and to participate in important field research with working scientists―all while getting paid!
- Currently enrolled in the 9th, 10th or 11th grade in a New York City high school
- Strong interest in science research and the urban environment
- Strong academic record, especially in the sciences
- Able and motivated to work independently
- Available to participate in all three phases of the program as described above
The application deadline for this program is March 17th, 2019.
Spend an unforgettable summer working as part of a small crew protecting and improving Wave Hill’s woodlands, enjoying the outdoors, learning about restoration ecology and making friends, all while getting paid and earning college credit.
• Currently enrolled in the 10th, 11th or 12th grade
• Interested in urban environmental issues
• Strong academic record, especially in the sciences
• Ready for rigorous fieldwork and academic study
• Available Monday through Friday, from 9AM to 5PM