Hello MAST and welcome to What’s Happening at MAST, our weekly update on all things MAST High School. This week we have a few things to share regarding school reopening in fall 2020.
- This Friday, August 7, is the last day to complete the Learning Preference Survey. With this survey you can state whether you will want your scholar to continue remote learning this fall 2020. Click here to complete the survey and state your preference.
- If you want your voice to be heard and to aid MAST teachers and the administration regarding the MAST High School reopening plan for fall 2020, join the MAST parent empowerment team! Click here to complete the survey to join.
- Please join us on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 from 5pm – 6pm for our 2nd of multiple schoolwide Reopening Parent Meetings. The purpose of these meetings is to provide you with important information about the program model that MAST plans to use in the fall and other reopening updates. You can directly access the parent meeting on August 4th by clicking here.
- You are invited to participate in a parent engagement forum on August 5th from 7pm to 9pm. This parent forum is hosted by The Parent Leaders of Queens South (PLQS) to discuss the topic of Schools Reopening for the 2020-2021 school year. In order to answer parent questions, they have invited the Superintendents of D27, D28, D29 and QHS, along with other important decision makers. They are asking parents who would like to participate to use the link THIS LINK to register and to submit questions for our panelist. Registered participants will receive a link to the Zoom meeting.
- Encourage your scholars to apply to Code Next, a FREE computer science education program run by Google. The program provides Latinx and Black students the skills they need for long and rewarding careers in computer-science related fields. This year the program will be virtual due to Covid-19. Your scholar can apply to the internship by clicking on this link.