- Remember to check out our YouTube page to support your scholar in learning how to navigate to each class. Click here to see video.
2. Please click on this flyer from The Haitian American United for Progress Inc. They will sponsor another food pantry on Wednesday September 23, 2020 at 1 pm until supplies run out. The pantry will be held at 209-05 Jamaica Ave. For questions or concerns please reach out to The Haitian American United for Progress at 718-527-3776. The Partnership has no further information.
Hello MAST and welcome to What’s Happening at MAST, our weekly update on all things MAST High School. Now let’s get to events and student opportunities for the week of September 1, 2020!
REMINDER: Please let us know whether your scholar will have all-remote learning or blended learning this Fall 2020. Fill out THIS FORM.
- Encourage your scholars to apply to Code Next, a FREE computer science education program run by Google. The program provides Latinx and Black students the skills they need for long and rewarding careers in computer-science related fields. This year the program will be virtual due to Covid-19. Your scholar can apply to the internship by clicking on this link.
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship – and the application is now open! APPLY HERE.
- NYC Health + Hospitals and Test & Trace Corps want to know if parents are interested in hosting a mobile COVID-19 testing van in their community. If interested, please fill out this survey.
- SUNY Queens Educational Opportunity Center (QEOC) is offering virtual courses for High School Equivalency (HSE) , English as a Second Language (ESOL), Pathways-to-College (College Prep), Microsoft Office Suite, Certified Professional Coder/Biller, and Home Health Aide. For more information, click here.
- The Queens Museum is offering virtual youth development programming for high school students all throughout New York for the upcoming school year. Queens Teens offers high school students opportunities to gain exposure to a cultural institution while developing their own creative interest and passion for the arts and social justice. They’re accepting applications for the 2020-2021 cycle until September 30. Students can click here to apply.
- New York State is sending parents $420 to spend on food. It’s called P-EBT. Every student attending a NYC public school receives this money. The money covers the cost of the school meals you missed while school was closed due to COVID-19. You have 1 year to use the money, from the day you get it. Click here for the flyer.
- A Spanish Language Session with Chancellor Carranza has scheduled for Tuesday, September 1st from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- The MTA will hold special virtual community engagement meetings regarding the upcoming E Line track replacement project and resulting partial line closure. Attend on Monday, August 31, 2020, 6 PM – 8 PM or Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 6 PM – 8 PM. Find out more on the MTA website.
- CUE Teen Collective 2020-21 applications are now open! Teens will meet for two hours on Wednesday afternoons from October through May to attend virtual field trips to local arts organizations, participate in online workshops with arts professionals, and create artwork for a group exhibition at CUE in 2021. Interested students apply online by filling out a questionnaire and submitting 2-3 work samples. More information about the program can be found on their website.
- Join the GOTV Education for High School Students Webinar on Thursday, September 10, 2020 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm. September Learn all of the rules regarding 16 and 17 year old pre-registration and registration to vote in the upcoming 2020 election. The training will focus on the technical rules, how to complete the voter registration form, how to request an absentee ballot, and why voting is always important. Register here.
- Enjoy Labor Day weekend with fun, affordable and some free activities. Find the list here!
- Your scholar can apply for the FREE Student Historian Internship Program. The application deadline is on September 27, 2020.
- Your scholar can apply for the FREE Tech Scholars ONLINE: Web Design. The application deadline is on September 27, 2020. Register by September 24.