Opt-In Window for In-Person Learning
Beginning Wednesday, March 24th and ending April 7th. Visit the Learning Preference Survey at Click Here! to select blended learning for your child. Families can also call 311.
- Students in grades 6-12 who opt into blended learning during this opt-in window will return at a later date, and we will communicate more details as soon as possible.
Updates will be posted at COVID-19 Information and Updates
Requirements for Returning to the School Building
Please note that if you select blended learning for your child, you must submit the consent form for random COVID-19 testing by the first day your child begins in-person learning. You can submit your consent for testing one of two ways:
NYC Summer Youth Employment Application
Who is Eligible?
- NYC Teens aged 14—15 learn about career opportunities and make a difference in their communities through paid project-based activities
- Young people aged 16–21 improve their work readiness skills and explore career pathways through paid summer jobs in a variety of industries throughout NYC
- Young adults aged 22-24 who face employment barriers or reside in NYCHA development may be eligible for special programming.
- Students must live in the five boroughs and must be legally allowed to work in the U.S.
Please Apply it will be a great experience!! The Application must be submitted by April 23, 2021…. You can apply online at https://application.nycsyep.com/
UFT Teacher Center Saturday Academy
Saturday enrichment classes are back! These 90-minute virtual classes, held over two consecutive Saturdays April 10 and 24. They’re designed to reinforce the skills your children are learning during the week and help boost their academic progress in this difficult school year Register Now!
FREE Digital Library Cards/Book Borrowing and other resources
The next parent and community engagement session next Thursday, March 25th from 5-6pm. The UFT’s community & parent engagement team is partnering with the New York Public Library to provide access to Free online books, information on future presentations and digital resources for New Yorkers of all ages. Register Here!
THIRD ANNUAL YANKEES-STONEWALL SCHOLARSHIP
New York City Schools Chancellor Meisha Porter, New York Yankees, and Stonewall Inn today announced that applications are open for the 2021 Yankees-Stonewall Scholarship. Now in its third year, these $10,000 college scholarships celebrate the achievements of New York City public school graduating seniors who have demonstrated strong academic achievement and impactful support of the LGBTQ community. Application is open until April 30th, and scholarships will be awarded to one senior from each borough Apply Now