by Nadheerah Khan
Hey, my name is Nadheerah Khan and I love to cook. Here’s a recipe:
Black Forest Gateau
2Ib. fresh cherries pitted and halved, plus
whole fresh cherries (to decorate)
1 ¼ cups superfine sugar
½ cup cherry brandy
¾ cup all-purpose flour
5 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
½ tsp. baking powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for
4 cups heavy cream
Grated semisweet chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Grease and line a 9-inch round spring form cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the halved cherries in a saucepan with 3 table spoons of the sugar and the cherry brandy and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving the syrup.
3. In a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking power. Place the eggs in a heatproof bowl and beat in ¾ cup of the remaining sugar. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and beat for 6 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat, then gradually fold in the flour mixture and melted butter.
4. Spoon into the prepared cake pan, then bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven & let cool in the pan.
5. Remove the cake and cut in half horizontally. Mix the cream and the remaining sugar together and whip lightly until soft peaks form. Spread the reserved syrup over the cut sides of the cake then top with half of the whipped cream. Arranged the cherry mixture over the bottom half of the cake, then place the other half on top. Cover the top of the cake with the remaining whipped cream, sprinkle over the greatest chocolate, and decorate with the whole fresh cherries.
Try it- it tastes delicious!!
Photo by Calum Lewis on Unsplash